GoSmallBiz is a business management suite. The company was founded in 1996 by former NFL Hall of Famer and seasoned entrepreneur Fran Tarkenton. It is headquartered in the city of Atlanta, Georgia.
What sets GoSmallBiz apart from its competitors is its versatility. It combines various business functions often performed by separate small business software packages into a single suite. The company primarily targets small businesses where human and financial resources are often limited. It’s easy for a small business owner to pay for GoSmallBiz and run almost every function of their software just with it.
We will evaluate GoSmallBiz based on criteria such as price, features, simplicity, user-friendliness, and customer support.
Packages and rates
GoSmallBiz plans and pricing are quite complicated. The Company offers monthly or annual subscriptions for specific products or product bundles and one-time fees for certain services. Like most business software, discounts are available when you pay for an annual subscription rather than a monthly one.
GoSmallBiz products are divided into three categories – “Go”, “Grow” and “Guide”. Go is for start-up businesses that need to become a formal business entity. Grow is for incorporated businesses looking to reach new customers online, i.e. sales, and Guide is for consulting on business endeavors with experts provided by GoSmallBiz.
Go costs $199/year, Guide $49/month, and Grow $39/month. For unclear reasons, annual subscriptions are not offered for the Guide and Grow plans, only for Go.
Additionally, GoSmallBiz offers $15 monthly subscriptions for two software tools; HR document generator and business plan software, a $99 annual subscription to manage my minutes, and a one-time $69 fee to apply for an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax ID.
You can use a debit or credit card to pay GoSmallBiz.
GoSmallBiz has many features packed into one software package, including:
- LLC Incorporation/Formation – Tips for registering your small business with the relevant authorities
- Tabling of the annual report – Filing of annual financial statements in accordance with the law
- Business and legal forms – Templates for professional and legal binding documents, e.g. sales contracts, employment contracts, share certificates, operating agreements
- website builder – Drag and drop interface to quickly configure and deploy websites
- Advertising by e-mail + RCMP – Tools to contact customers via email and manage existing customer relationships
- Google My Business Optimization – Optimize your Google My Business profile to boost customer engagement
- Sales and marketing, legal and tax consultation if you have any problems in any of these areas. GoSmallBiz provides experts and professionals to get in touch
- Live technical support software to resolve issues as quickly as possible for customers
- Tools to create professional business plans that investors and partners will appreciate
- Online business courses are available when you need additional knowledge and help running your business
- Company minutes + resolutions
In terms of features, GoSmallBiz is stellar. It is an ideal software package for small businesses that cannot afford to buy numerous software tools to perform different functions. Small business owners may not even need to use any other software if they purchase all the services offered by GoSmallBiz.
Interface and in use
GoSmallBiz has a user-friendly interface. To get started, users must first create an account and are then taken to a dashboard for managing the business. This dashboard contains all the services you will buy from GoSmallBiz. If you paid for a particular service, you can easily access and use it from the dashboard. If an issue arises, there is a clear link on the dashboard to open a customer support ticket to resolve your issue.
GoSmallBiz is a web application that requires no installation to run on your computer. It loads quickly when you have a good internet connection.
GoSmallBiz offers customer support via email, phone or live chat, suitable for customers who encounter problems and want to resolve them quickly. Also a help page published by the company describes common customer issues and how to resolve them. This way, you don’t necessarily have to contact the company directly if there’s a problem.
The main competitors of GoSmallBiz are LivePlan, Bizplan and TheBizPlanner. Compared to these peers, GoSmallBiz is more complex as it offers a lot of features in one place, unlike others that focus on one or two specialized functions. For example, BizPlan and TheBizPlanner are primarily used to create professional business plans, but GoSmallBiz offers that and more.
Also, GoSmallBiz is more expensive than its competitors, which can be a clear downside for small businesses. Not every small business is willing or able to afford hundreds of dollars in annual and monthly subscription fees.
Nonetheless, GoSmallBiz is a versatile software package that small businesses will likely appreciate. This makes running a business easier and frees up time for owners to help build and scale the business.
GoSmallBiz scores very well on certain criteria such as customer support and simplicity. However, its plans and pricing systems are somewhat complicated for users. Balancing both sides, we give it 4 out of 5 stars.
We also presented the best business plan software and best software for small business